Thursday, August 13, 2026

“Yes, I Did”


  


c. 2026 Rod Ice

All rights reserved

(8-26)

 

Did you really think that the sunrise would bless?

Yes, I did

Every facet of creation, celebrated in holiness?

Yes, I did

I took it as a promise, made to a child

A fulfillment coming in the afterwhile

Like golden rays of a cosmic smile

Yes, I did

 

Did you really expect to be edified?

Yes, I did

With a conscious climb up the peaks of a mountainside?

Yes, I did

I guessed that doubters would find themselves lost

And those who were able to shoulder the cost

Would inherit the enlightenment of better thoughts

Yes, I did

 

Did you come here, with a heart laid bare?

Yes, I did

A penitent seeker freed from worry and care?

Yes, I did

But now in this moment, empowered and free

I realize that the gifts were always inside of me

To be cleansed and delivered from need

Yes, I did

 

Did you realize that this ritual was a reminder?

Yes, I did

An exercise to clear the path of a wanderer?

Yes, I did

This act of love was always pure in effect

A demonstration meant to focus on the object

Of a sacred rite founded by the architect

Yes, I did

 

Did you read about the glory of a footrace?

Yes, I did

Depicted in lessons of forgiveness and grace?

Yes, I did

If that was truly your master’s intent

Then there is no cause to rudely dissent

When you heed the words written in this covenant

Yes, I did

 

Did you step across the boundary with confidence?

Yes, I did

A bold completion of the sacrifice and penitence?

Yes, I did

I came here unclean and lacking any sense of worth

But now a brighter day has fallen upon the earth

A lifting of this burden, a mighty mortal curse

Yes, I did

 

Did you find yourself at last reclaimed and right?

Yes, I did

No longer banished into the realm of an eternal night?

Yes, I did

The change is one perhaps, impossible to perceive

But is an aroma that brings a prize to receive

A scent of cardamom, carried on the breeze

Yes, I did

 

Did you wonder over names on the scrolls?

Yes, I did

Apostles called from ink stains on the rolls?

Yes, I did

Those who summon the spirit of redemption

Will have a reason to resist temptation

Their faith will be a much greater sum

Yes, I did

 

Did you hear the hour struck by a timepiece?

Yes, I did

A jingle of rings, dangling with keys

Yes, I did

This clue is given so that you may repent

And hear the appeal which was holy and reverent

A claim no conqueror could hope to invent

Yes, I did

 

Did you offer up yourself in a trade for life?

Yes, I did

A better bargain than to battle with daily strife?

Yes, I did

Peace will come as a prophetic award

A release from the judgment of a sword

A code carried on angel wings, spread to soar

Yes, I did

No comments:

Post a Comment